shut the hell up, wright. everyone always goddamn remembers how you’re basically only known for pointing at the effing witness stand and screaming, and it took layton to be turned into goddamn goldfor people to admire his stance.
wait… are they about to reveal that EMEER SOLD THE PROFESSOR’S ARM FOR A WHOLE LOAD OF CASH
why emeer… why… you don’t just sell someone’s goddamn arm. it’s not right.
i swear, the ace attorney dev team were only allowed to make a single music track for the entirety of this game and decided it should be emeer’s. thank you for emeer’s theme.
I just feel I should point out, this isn’t even remotely going to work. The purple (“burgundy”) port is almost certainly a 25-pin parallel port. The first thing is a 25-pin gender adapter, and the second is a 25-to-9 pin serial adapter. But a serial port is usually somewhere between 3 and 7 active pins, and it’s not at all electrically compatible with the parallel port. In fact, that’s why the gender changer is necessary, most likely: Serial ports (which were sometimes 25-pin ports with only 3 pins connected!) were often done with male connectors instead of female to prevent accidental attachment. Anyway, the thing after that is a 9-pin serial to PS/2 mouse adapter, which is a highly specialized gizmo for use with certain fairly old mice which supported both the PS/2 (6-pin round connector) and serial mouse protocols. The green one is a USB to PS/2 adapter, but again, that’s not a generic USB port, it’s a device for attaching a special mouse which has support for both USB and PS/2 wiring and can select between them, so you plug it in using that adapter if your computer only has a PS/2 port.
Also worth noting that this machine obviously has a PS/2 port (two steps left from the blue cable), not to mention that the square ports between the KB/mouse (purple/green) and the ethernet port (blue cable) look like USB.
ironically, the court believing that maya was a witch would’ve gotten her acquitted much faster in reunion and turnabout.
i just played through the biggest plot twist of the game while i couldn’t actually liveblog on it.
rip layton (but you’re probably not dead but instead it was exactly what happened in miracle mask)
also what the hell luke you’re not puzzling in the way the professor would’ve wanted you to.
oh you’re playing professor layton? i love that game, the way they just [clenches fist] layton the professor
i cannot BELIEVE i forgot about the best aa character’s canonical car.
Today is the day Marty McFly goes to the future!
i can’t stop thinking about potential ace attorney kart characters.
- klavier on his motorcycle
- apollo in some sort of minivan i guess
- athena on a high-end bike
- moe the clown on a unicycle
- meraktis in his sports car
- eldoon pulling his whole noodle stand like it’s going to act as a motor
- …espella… in carmine’s car (she counts i swear)
- starbuck or maybe clay on a rocket ship-looking car (a must in a racing game)
- the hawthornes on a motorski
- furio tigre (maybe with viola) on his motorbike
- engarde on that motorcycle that hangs from his ceiling
- yanni yogi on a boat
- mia fey in a convertible, possibly??
- blue badgermobile
- lang and shih-na in some muscle car
- larry in a worn-down smartcar
- simon blackquill riding on taka.
- aura blackquill riding on clonco.
- the themis kids in a crane or backhoe or whatever hugh was in
- ron delite on a mask☆demasque themed (motor)bike
- lotta in a pickup truck